Thursday, August 20, 2009

I love the smell of old books

As I was placing books on my new wall of Ikea shelving, a bookmark fell out of my old copy of October Country, and I was reminded of where I bought it. It is this fantastic website that sells used books, and they have a particularly large quantity of sci-fi and pulp fiction. I have always loved science fiction, both for the stories and the cover art. There is something magical about the swirling planets, the wild clothing, even the windswept futuristic babes. I went crazy in their clearance section this afternoon, snatching up a bunch of 1970's sci-fi for around $1.50 a book. Something tells me I'll have my face smashed up against the window waiting for the mailman to arrive. The anticipation is delightful.

http://www.booksfromthecrypt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails